See the sidebar for our most recent posts and an archive FLAG’s work on behalf of small family farmers.
Highlights of our work:
FLAG’s work has directly helped tens of thousands of family farmers avoid foreclosure, rebuild after disasters, and keep their land. We have also trained scores of the farm advocates who work in communities across the country. FLAG has, since it opened its doors in 1986:
- fought for the rights of family farmers in local, state, and federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court;
- testified on numerous occasions before committees of the United States Congress and the state legislature, and submitted hundreds of pages of comments to improve proposed federal agricultural rules;
- operated a national legal assistance hotline via telephone, email and website contact form, where farmers can seek and receive free legal advice on agricultural matters;
- written, published, and distributed more than 100,000 copies of numerous user-friendly books, including Farmers’ Guide to Lending Law; Farmers’ Guide to Disaster Assistance; Farmers’ Guide to GMOs; Farmers’ Guide to Wind Energy; Planting the Seeds for Public Health; Farmers’ Guide to Organic Contracts; as well as many other publications; and
- conducted more than 866 training events in 42 states, attended by more than 37,770 farmers, farm advocates, and lawyers.
If you are a farmer who needs legal help regarding your farm or community, please do not hesitate to contact FLAG.